Dyeing with Natural Products.

You will have seen my 'tea bag embroidery' post earlier, and now I want to show you the actual results from dyeing with the tea, and other natural products.

This first photo shows the results from different herbal teas used to dye sample materials. Some of them are natural materials and others synthetic and it was interesting to see which ones worked better.





















I then moved on to dyeing various yarns so I could use them in my project. This image shows some of them.

  



















After using the tea I tried to think of other natural and everyday dyes. I thought about herbs and spices, and other plants which may give their colour to yarns. This shows a few of the dyes which I tried. As you can see these are, listed from the front, lily pollen, paprika, cumin, curry plant and curry powder. I was particularly impressed with the curry plant, however as expected the curry powder worked very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment